New Frontier Bank offers a variety of options to help you achieve your financial goals and make your life easier.
- New Frontier Bank’s Online Banking allows you the convenience of managing your finance and paying your bills at NO CHARGE!
- With just a click of the mouse you can check your balance, check recent transaction activity, reconcile your statement, look at check images, and pay your bills.
- E-Statements are now available at no charge with the ability to view statements and check images up to one year prior.
- Take a tour today. Just click on the Internet Banking button below, and click on Internet Banking Demo at the top of the screen.
Online Banking Fraud Prevention Best Practices
User ID and Password Guidelines
- Create a “strong” password with at least 8 characters that includes a combination of mixed case letters, numbers, and special characters. Online Banking at New Frontier Bank requires a minimum of 8 characters with at least 3 alpha, 2 numeric, and 1 special character. A password’s security can be greatly increased by just repeating the special character a number of times. For example, abcd1234! isn’t as secure as abcd1234!!!!!!!!!!
- Change your password frequently. Online Banking at New Frontier Bank requires users to change their passwords every 90 days and cannot repeat the past 6 passwords utilized.
- Never share username and password information with third-party providers or anyone.
- Avoid using an automatic login feature that saves usernames and passwords.
- Do not use public or other unsecured computers for logging into Online Banking.
- Check your last login date/time every time you log in as well as the message about any failed logins. This message appears on the first screen after you successfully log in to Online Banking.
- Review account balances and detail transactions regularly (preferably daily) to confirm payment and other transaction data and immediately report any suspicious transactions to your financial institution.
- View transfer history available through viewing account activity information.
- Whenever possible, use Bill Pay instead of checks to limit account number dissemination exposure and to obtain better electronic record keeping.
- Take advantage of and regularly view system alerts; examples include:
Password change alerts
ACH Alerts (for cash management users)
Wire Alerts (for cash management users)
- Do not use account numbers, your social security number, or other account or personal information when creating account nicknames or other titles.
- Whenever possible, register your computer to avoid having to re-enter challenge questions and other authentication information with each login.
- Review historical reporting features of your online banking application on a regular basis to confirm payment and other transaction data.
- Never leave a computer unattended while using Online Banking.
- Never conduct banking transactions while multiple browsers are open on your computer.
- An FBI recommended best practice is to suggest that company users dedicate a PC solely for financial transactions (e.g., no web browsing, emails, or social media).
New Login Process with Added Layers of Security Beginning May 5, 2013
WingHaven Branch Internet Café
In order to enhance the security of our Internet Banking solution we are announcing some changes to the login process for Online Banking.
After the upgrade, you may notice the picture & phrase that previously appeared when you logged in have been removed. In addition, you are no longer required to formally register your computer; the new system has technology to recognize if your computer has been used before to access the system. We are implementing a more secure and behind the scene process to validate your device (PC, laptop, tablet, mobile phone), username and password.
We are also adding additional layers of security in the event you log in from a device that has not been used in the past. Instead of the simple challenge questions you used in the past, you will be asked to validate your identity through a one-time security code via a phone call or SMS message. These enhance security features help safeguard your information.
These new security features make it essential for us to have current phone numbers. Please verify your contact information in the Administration section of Online Banking.
If you have additional questions, contact your Financial Service Specialist at 636.940.8740.